Trip to Sedona, September 14
Go on a tour of Sedona, Nate American ruins, Montezuma Castle National Monument, and the Red Rock country, with a tour guide describing the beautiful landscapes and cliff dwellings.
For more information: http://detoursofthewest.com/phoenix-tours/sedona-red-rocks/
Thursday, September 14, Tour of Phoenix, Old Scottsdale, the Desert
See downtown Phoenix, the time-honored Arizona capitol building, Old Town Scottsdale and historic Biltmore architecture as we tour the Valley of the Sun. You’ll be surrounded by sights of famous architecture, modern art, desert views, and the passion that makes this desert oasis magical. This half-day city tour of Phoenix and Scottsdale showcases iconic locations set against the backdrop of the Sonoran Desert.
The Phoenix & Scottsdale City Tour departs from your hotel at approximately 8:30 a.m. and returns at approximately 3:00 p.m.
For more information: http://detoursofthewest.com/phoenix-tours/phoenixscottsdale/
Any day, September 14-17, Desert Botanical Gardens
The Desert Botanical Garden is home to one of the world’s most spectacular living collections of the world’s desert plants. Unusual plants including giant cacti, century plants and others in a natural setting create a striking visual treat. The Garden’s living collections include more than 4,000 species and approximately 27,650 individual plants for which scientific records are kept. In addition to providing a stunning display, these plants provide scientists from all over the world with information and material for various research projects.
In 2010, the Garden’s living collections of plants in the cactus and agave families were designated as National Collections of these plants by the North American Plant Collections Consortium (NAPCC) of the American Public Gardens Association (APGA). This designation highlights the overall excellence of the Garden’s collections of these marvelous desert plants.
For more information: http://dbg.org
Any day, September 14-17, Hot Air Balloon Rides
The hot air balloon rides are at sunrise and sunset.
Sunrise fees: $169 with hotel pickup; $149 when you arrive on your own
Sunset fees: $199 with hotel pickup; $179 when you arrive on your own
Pilots will begin the inflation process, giving you the opportunity to become an involved, “hands on” crew member as the gentle giants come to life. You may also choose to observe inflation and take pictures as the sun rises or sets over the hills of the Sonoran Desert. After lift off, you’ll enjoy breathtaking views of the Sonoran Desert while floating across the sky. After landing, indulge in our Sonoran Sunrise Gourmet Breakfast for the sunrise experience, or Saguaro Sunset Charcuterie at sunset as a post-flight celebration. Includes Prickly Pear Cactus Mimosas, Arizona mesquite smoked turkey breast, assorted fine cheeses, seasonal fresh fruit, local Hickman’s eggs, and uniquely crafted croissants. The breakfast or dinner cost extra.
For more information: https://www.rainbowryders.com/
Any day, September 14-17, Musical Instrument Museum
The Musical Instrument Museum continually adds to and enhances over 360 exhibits, representing every nation on earth. Throughout the year, the museum turns a spotlight on individual countries through engaging and family friendly events. The museum has a variety of fascinating collections:
- A magical journey around the globe. MIM’s collection is presented in Geographic Galleries that focus on five major world regions.
- MIM’s Mechanical Music Gallery features a selection of musical instruments such as player pianos, mechanical zithers, and cylinder music boxes that, by definition, “play themselves.”
- See, hear, and feel the vibes of instruments played by musical icons including Johnny Cash, Elvis Presley®, Pablo Casals, John Lennon, “King” Sunny Adé, Taylor Swift, Clara Rockmore, Maroon 5, and many others from around the world.
- MIM’s unique Experience Gallery invites guests of all ages to touch, play, and hear a changing array of instruments from many different cultures.
- The Target Gallery complements the museum’s permanent collection with exciting and informative traveling exhibitions and special engagements
- MIM’s Conservation Lab gives guests a behind-the-scenes glimpse at collection maintenance and preservation.